LIVE TRACKING March 3rd
Beyond Marathon are back with the 6th edition of this “always a sell-out” event! Based on the same format of our other “Trail in a Day” event, The Gritstone Trail. We have created accessible, low key event with the focus on running. We have still kept the cost down and the satisfaction level is always high. It’s a great ultra to start with because it is flat and the time limit is very generous.
The Way for the Millennium is a national trail that was setup 18 years ago to celebrate the millennium, and is 41 miles long.
For the Millennium Way in March, you’ll park and register at Burton-on-Trent (Derbyshire border); Shobnall Leisure Complex and then board the coach for a the 41 mile trip to Newport itself (on the Shropshire border).
You’ll run as fast as your little legs will carry you along the pretty much flat course all the way back to your car. You have a leisurely 12 hours in which to do it too. Yes you did read that right, the course is essentially flat, for 41 miles. There is a miserable 300ft of climbing on the whole course. Beyond Marathon are normally well known for tough hilly events, so we’ve gone soft on this one. Well, we like to throw you a bone now and again. Just this once mind you. The next event we setup; we’ll ensure there’s 5 miles of vertical to make amends for this.
Why is it flat? Well, it’s following old train lines and waterways for pretty much the whole route. It is virtually all trail, canal path or trail. There is so little road it’s not worth a mention.
We have extended out the already super-generous time limit by a full extra hour – giving you a 12 hour time limit (3.4mph average speed) this is a great choice if you are either:
- Looking to clock a fast time
- New to ultramarathons
We’ll feed and water you along the way, at each of three manned checkpoints too. Our successful formula for the similar sell-out, The Gristone Grind Trail race has been repeated.
- Low amazing value entry cost, but high quality support from experienced race director and superb volunteers
- Coach travel to the start line included in the transport option
- Drinks and food at all checkpoints
- Drinks and food at the finish
- Professional chip-timing solution
- Certificate for all finishers, emailed after the event
- Millennium Way route description provided
- The option to order a high quality event T-Shirt
- The option to order a medal for each event
- The option to be tracked via Race Drone GPS Event Tracking at a 50% discount to standard rate
- Paramedic Support